It’s the beginning of a new year, which means I’m going to do my yearly ‘wardrobe detox’. Major closet clean out, since I have to make space for cool new items for 2017! Today I’m showing you how to do this by using this very simple booklet from Vestiaire Collective. So here we go!
1. Take two hours to go through your entire closet.
2. Make sure you have several bags or boxes at hand to sort your clothes, plus a couple of garbage bags.
3. Turn up the music and get started!
4. Take everything out of your closet.
5. Detox-time! Review every single piece one-by-one and decide whether you want to keep it or not.
6. Store these pieces outside your closet; clothes you aren’t sure about, items that have a sentimental value for you and off-season pieces.
7. Take anything that needs to be repaired or altered to a good tailor.
8. Reorganise your closet now that you have a little (or a lot) more space.
9. Sell pieces you no longer want to wear on VestiaireCollective.com
10. Use your earnings to fill any gaps in your closet.
I’ll show you how you can easily sell your pieces on the Vestiaire app here:
I’ll spare you the pictures of the big mess I made by cleaning out my closet (you can see it on my vlog though), since I wanted to show you what my closet looks like now. Very organised if you would ask me! I stacked all my pretty bags on a shelf and it actually feels like I can shop in my own closet.
I’m also selling some items on Vestiaire Collective, for example the Chloé Georgia, which you can see on the picture above. And I’ll probably spend my earned money on Vestiaire again. I recently bought some super cool Saint Laurent boots and I have my eye on on some Gucci loafers as we speak. It’s a ready to ship item, which means if I order them now they will be here at my home very fast. Ready to ship items are already authenticity checked and ready to send out to the their new owner!
As you can see I’m more than ready for 2017! So if you have some time left, make sure to use these 10 simple steps to start the new year with a fresh wardrobe!
Happy New Year lovelies!